Belize Forex Brokers
- ’Belize’s banking sector (including offshore banking) is regulated by the Central Bank of Belize, while the non-banking sector falls within the jurisdiction of the International Financial Services Commission (IFSC) established in 1999.
- IFSC Website: http://www.ifsc.gov.bz/
- The IFSC’ mandate includes:
- Promoting and developing Belize as a center for international financial services;
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of Belize as an offshore financial center;
- Providing appropriate supervision and regulation of international financial services,
- Formulating policies and providing advice and assistance to the government on the regulation of such services;
- Collecting, storing and disseminating reliable and timely information to interested parties on changes and new trends in these services.
- IFSC relies on self-regulation, meaning that while the belizean government sets overall standards, it expects much of the actual work in terms of monitoring and compliance to be done by the industry itself.