|Industry||Insurance and finance|
|Founded||1927 ; ( 1927)|
|Headquarters||Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Products||Insurance ( Auto, home, life, health, commercial)|
- American Family Insurance, also abbreviated as AmFam, is an American private mutual company that focuses on property, casualty, and auto insurance, and also offers commercial insurance, life, health, and homeowners coverage as well as investment and retirement-planning products.
- It should not be confused with American Family Home Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Munich Re subsidiary American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. , or American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus.
Companies of the American Family Insurance Group include:
- American Family Mutual Insurance Company (AFMIC)
- American Family Brokerage, Inc. (AFBI)
- American Family Insurance Company of Ohio (AFICO; Ohio subsidiary, companion to American Family Mutual Insurance Company)
- American Family Life Insurance Company (AFLIC)
- American Family Securities, LLC (AFS)
- American Standard Insurance Company (ASIC)
- American Standard Insurance Company of Ohio (ASICO; Ohio subsidiary; companion to American Standard Insurance Company of Wisconsin)
- Amfam.com Inc.(AMFAM)
- CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance (formerly Ameriprise Auto & Home)
- Homesite Group Incorporated
- Main Street America Insurance
- Moonrise, Inc.
- Networked Insights
- PGC Holdings Corporation (General Insurance Companies ” The General®”)
American Family insurance products include: term, universal, and whole life insurance; personal and business auto insurance, personal umbrella insurance, home insurance; motorcycle, boat, motor home, snowmobile and car insurance; business liability key policy, and business policy package insurance; farm and ranch liability insurance; travel, trip cancellation, and global medical insurance