|Founders||Changpeng Zhao (“CZ”), Yi He|
|Headquarters||Cayman Islands; Mahé, Seychelles|
|Products||Cryptocurrency exchange, cryptocurrencies|
- Binance was initially based in China, but later moved its headquarters out of China following the Chinese government's increasing regulation of cryptocurrency.
- United States
- In 2019, Binance was banned in the United States.
- In response, Binance and other investors opened Binance US, a separate exchange registered with the United States Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and designed to comply with all applicable US laws.
- States That Don’t Allow Binance.US
- New York
- United Kingdom
- In June 2021, Binance was ordered by the UK's Financial Conduct Authority to stop all regulated activity in the United Kingdom.
- In January 2021, the FCA began requiring firms dealing with cryptocurrency to register in order to comply with anti-money laundering rules.
- As Binance was not compliant with these rules.
- On June 25, 2021, Japan's Financial Services Agency warned Binance that it was not registered to do business in Japan.
- This was the second notice Binance received from the FSA.
- Previously, a similar warning was issued on March 23, 2018.
- Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission filed a criminal complaint against Binance on July 2, 2021, “for commission of offence under the Emergency Decree on Digital Asset Business B. E. 2561 (2018)”.
- Additionally, Thailand's SEC cited Binance for operating without a license, a violation of Section 26 of the Digital Asset Businesses Emergency Decree. https://www.sec.or.th/EN/Pages/News_Detail.aspx?SECID=9017
- 2018.10.8 Listing Fee Controversy Digibyte
- 2019.5.8 Binance 7000BTC Hack bitcoin ‘reorg'
- 2021.4.16 Librehash – WazirX: Another Crumbling Binance Entity
- 2021.6.29 – Binance faces regulatory upheaval
- 2021.7.1 The Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) – Binance Not Authorised by CIMA to Operate Crypto-Currency Exchange
- 2021.7.13 Nikhilesh De – “World regulators have announced warnings around Binance, drawing attention to the exchange's operations and hinting at future actions”
- 2021.4.26 librehash – WazirX: Another Crumbling Binance Entity
- 2021.7.14 librehash – CoinDesk Blames Traders for Binance's Leveraged Token Fraud
- 2021.8.19 librehash – Liquid Exchange Hack (Bitcoin TX Analysis): Signs Point to Binance Involvement / Knowledge
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews