|Broker||Type||Minimum Deposit||Max leverage||Minimal Lot||Lowest spreads EURUSD|
|HY Markets(Visit)||MM||$50||300||0.02||5 – Mini|
4 – Standard
|Admiral Markets(Visit)||ECN & MM||$1||500||0.01||1|
|FXCC(Visit)||STP & ECN||$100||500||0.01||>0.1|
|FXCM UK(Visit)||ECN & STP||$25||400||0.01||>|
1.5 – Mini
1 – Standard
|OANDA(Visit)||MM||$1||50||0.001 or less||>0.9|
|FOREX.com(Visit)||MM||$250||200||0.01||>1 – 1.5|
|MB Trading(Visit)||ECN||$400||50||0.01||>0.1 – 0.8|
|London Capital Group (LCG)(Visit)||ECN||–||100||1||>1 or <1|
|FXGM – Forex Global Market(Visit)||STP||$250||300||0.25||5 – Mini|
4 – Standard
|Finexo(Visit)||MM||$100||200||0.01||5 – Mini|
3 – Standard
|Hantec Markets(Visit)||ECN & STP||$1,000||200||0.01||>1.6|
|Valbury Capital(Visit)||STP||no||100||0.25||>1.5 – 2.0|
|Abshire-Smith(Visit)||STP & MM||$500||200||0.1||>1.4|
|Finotec(Visit)||ECN & STP||$200||200||0.1||>0.7|
|GKFX(Visit)||STP & MM||$1||400||0.1||>1.5|
1.8 – Mini
0.9 – 1.6 – Standard
|ActivTrades(Visit)||STP+DMA & MM|| 250||400||0.01||2 – Standard|
1.5 – Interbank
|DF Markets(Visit)||ECN & MM||$1||200||0.01||2|
|One Financial Markets(Visit)||ECN & STP & MM||$250||200||0.01||2 – Mini & Standard|
0.2 – 0.8 – ECN
|Vantage FX(Visit)||STP+DMA||350||500||0.01||>0.5 – 2.3|
|Markets.com(Visit)||MM||$100||200||0.01||>2.2 – 3|
|FxPro(Visit)||ECN & MM||$500||500||0.1||0.8|
3 – Mini
2 – Standard
0 – Zero spread
|Deltastock AD(Visit)||ECN & MM||$100||200||0.01||2 – Regular|
0.1 – (>) Level 2 trading
FCA (UK) Registered Forex Brokers
Firm Status in FCA, Authorised and EEA Authorised
- EEA Authorised – A financial services firm authorised in an European Economic Area (EEA) country that has a ‘passport’ to offer certain products or services in the UK and other EEA countries. Based on the passport principle of a European Union law, a company regulated in a EEA country can offer its services to residents of other EEA countries.
- The European Economic Area (EEA) includes the EU states, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein. These firms are regulated in their home country and must meet standards which have been agreed across all EEA countries.
- The services or products an EEA authorised firm can offer in the UK will be detailed in the ‘Passports’ section of their record on the Financial Services Register.
- An EEA Authorised Broker is registered in FCA, but regulated in it’s home Country
- Authorised (Regulated by FCA UK)- A firm that has been given permission by the FCA to carry out regulated activities. If a financial services firm is based in a foreign country outside the EEA it can still operate in the UK but will need to be authorised by FCA and will appear on the Financial Services Register as ‘Authorised’.
- An Authorised Broker is a FCA UK regulated broker.
Find out more about foreign firms on the Financial Services Register. http://www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register/use/foreign-firms
Firm Status: EEA Authorised Forex Brokers List
Firm Status: Authorised Brokers List
Abshire-Smith, ActivTrades, Atom8, Bulls And Bears Forex UK, City Credit Capital, City Index, CMC Markets UK, CMS Forex UK, Darwinex, DF Markets, FOREX.com UK,FXCM, Fxopen UK, FxPro UK, GAIN Capital, GKFX, Hantec Markets, Hirose Financial UK, HY Markets UK, ICAP, ICM Capital, IG Markets, IKON Markets, Interactive Brokers (UK) Ltd, InterTrader, LMAX, London Capital Group (LCG), MB Trading, OANDA, One Financial Markets, Plus500 UK, RBS – Royal Bank of Scotland, SVSFX, Tradenext, Valbury Capital, Valutrades, Vantage FX UK, XM, XTB UK
FCA Registered Brokers
About FSA and FCA, PRA
- The Financial Services Authority (FSA) was a quasi-judicial body responsible for the regulation of the financial services industry in the United Kingdom between 2001 and 2013.
- In 2013, it became two separate regulatory authorities, The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, www.fca.org.uk) and the Prudential Regulation Authority at (PRA, www.bankofengland.co.uk).
- The FCA regulates financial firms providing services to consumers and maintains the integrity of the UK’s financial markets. It focuses on the regulation of conduct by both retail and wholesale financial services firms. The FCA is structured as a company limited by guarantee.
- The PRA is structured as a limited company wholly owned by the Bank of England and is responsible for the prudential regulation and supervision of banks, building societies, credit unions, insurers and major investment firms. It sets standards and supervises financial institutions at the level of the individual firm.
Requirements for FCA regulated brokers
- Ensure & monitor the quality of the bank in which clients funds will be held. The bank must be approved by FCA.
- Keep clients’ funds separate from company funds, clients’ funds can never be treated and used as company assets including the situation when the company becomes insolvent.
- Submit financial reports to the FCA regularly and undergo annual audit.
- Regulate conduct related to the marketing of financial products;
- Specify minimum standards and place requirements on products;
- Investigate organisations and individuals;
- Ban financial products for up to a year while considering an indefinite ban;
- Instruct firms to immediately retract or modify promotions which it finds to be misleading, and to publish such decisions.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- The FSCS(http://www.fscs.org.uk/) is an independent body and a fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms.
- FSCS covers claims against firms who are insolvent and unable to pay claims against themselves.
- The compensation limits for forex market: A client receive 100% of the first £30,000 + 90% of the next £20,000, up to £48,000.( http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/eligibility-rules/compensation-limits/investment-limits/)
- The FSCS is funded by levies on FCA-authorised firms. Their costs are made up of management expenses and compensation payments. The service is free to individual consumers.
Beware of cloned firms (fraudsters pretending to be from a firm authorised by FCA). If you deal with an unauthorised firm you will not be covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.
Check FCA Register: http://www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register
The Register has information on forex brokers that are regulated by FCA. Firm status must be ‘Authorised’ or ‘EEA Authorised'(not ‘registered’).
If a forex broker does not appear on the Register but claims it does, contact Consumer Helpline of FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid:
Company: Orbex Ltd.
Note: 1 ‘Your capital is at risk . Before deciding to trade CFD or any other financial instrument you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite.’ .2. Plus500 only offer CFD Trading service. 3 You do not own or have any rights to the underlying assets. Please consider plus500’s Disclosure
Company: FXOpen NZ Ltd; FXOpen AU Pty Ltd. FXopen UK
Company: Ava Trade Ltd. Ava Capital Markets Ltd. Ava Capital Markets Pty; Ava Trade Japan K.K.
Company: Monecor (London) Ltd
Company: Trading Point holdings Ltd
Company: Forextime Ltd
Avus Capital UK Ltd (reg. #8590005) Avus Capital Ltd.
Company: TopFX Ltd
Company: Abshire-Smith Ltd., (reg. #07586851)
Company: TTCM Traders Trust Capital Markets Ltd
Company: Delta Financial Markets Ltd., (reg. #07280005)
Company: ActivTrades PLC #05367727
Company: Alfa Finance Holding
Company: City Credit Capital (UK) Ltd. (reg. #04343251)
Company: CB Financial Services Ltd UK (reg.#6050593)
Company: FxNet Ltd.
Company: Hirose Financial UK Ltd. (reg.#7423885); Hirose Tusyo Inc.
Company: CMC Markets UK Plc (reg. #2448409)
Company: Valutrades Ltd (reg.#07939901)
Company: Interactive Brokers LLC; Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Ltd; Interactive Brokers Canada Inc.
Company: FX Global Markets (FXGM) Ltd.
Company: London Capital Group Ltd (LCG) reg. #3218125
Company: Atom8 Financial Services LLP (reg.# OC376560)
Company: XTB UK Ltd.
Company: IKON Finance Ltd (reg.#7251305)
Company: Windsor Brokers Ltd.
Company: GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc; Gain Capital Group LLC.
Company: LMAX Limited # 06505809
Company: Alpha Capital Markets Plc. (reg.#5196460)
Company: OANDA Corporation OANDA Europe Limited
Company: Henyep Capital Markets (UK) Ltd(Henyep Group.)
Company: London Capital Group Holdings plc (reg. #05497744) London Capital Group Ltd
Company: Formula Investment House Ltd.; iFOREX Befektetesi Szolgaltato Zrt.
Company: Key to Markets NZ Ltd (reg.#4472148); Key to Markets Limited
Company: Safecap Investments Ltd. (GFC Markets.)
Company: InterTrader Ltd
Company: X GLOBAL Markets Ltd. (HE 291958)
Company: Valbury Capital Ltd.
Company: ICM Capital Ltd (reg. #07101360)
Company: Blackwell Global Investments Ltd
Company: AFX Capital Markets Limited (reg. # HE 253014)
Company: City Index Ltd (reg# 1761813); City Index Australia Pty Ltd. (ACN 141 774 727).
Company: Tradeslide Trading Tech Ltd. (reg. #08061368)
Company: IG Markets Ltd #304008957; IG Index Ltd #01190902
Company: GKFX Financial Services Ltd
FxPro Financial Services Ltd.
Company: FX Central Clearing Ltd. (reg# HE 258741)
Company: GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. Forex.Com UK Limited
Company: Vantage FX Pty Ltd (ACN 140 903 886)