Discover Financial Services
|Traded as||NYSE: DFS, S&P 500 component|
|Founded||1985; (as a subsidiary of Sears)|
|Headquarters||Riverwoods, Illinois, U.S.|
|Products||Payment systems, Credit cards, Finance, Consumer banking, Loans|
- Discover Financial Services is an American financial services company that owns and operates Discover Bank, which offers checking and savings accounts, personal loans, home equity loans, student loans and credit cards.
- Dean Witter Reynolds (1985–1997)
- Morgan Stanley (1997–2007)
- Independent (2007–present)
- Diners Club International
- Discover Bank
- Discover Network
- In the United States, Discover, as a card network, competes primarily with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.