|Founded||1928; Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Founders||John C. Tyler Thomas E. Leavey|
|Headquarters||6301 Owensmouth Avenue Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Area served||United States|
|Services||Insurance, other financial services|
|Parent||Zurich Insurance Group|
- Farmers Insurance Group (informally Farmers) is an American insurer group of automobiles, homes and small businesses and also provides other insurance and financial services products.
Farmers is the trade name for three reciprocal insurers, Farmers, Fire, and Truck owned by their policyholders.
- The non-claims activities of Farmers are managed by an attorney in fact, Farmers Group Inc, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Insurance Group.
- Divisions: Farmers Insurance – Foremost Insurance – Bristol West Insurance – 21st Century Insurance – Farmers Life
Products and services
- auto insurance;
- home insurance, including homeowners, condominium and renters insurance, mobile and manufactured home insurance, specialty home insurance, including landlord and rental properties, seasonal homes, and vacation homes, and flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program;
- motorcycle insurance;
- life insurance, including term, whole and universal life insurance;
- recreational insurance, such as insurance for boats, ATVs, RVs, and travel trailers;
- business insurance for small and medium-sized businesses, such as liability and property insurance, commercial auto and workers compensation insurance for apartment and commercial property owners, artisan contractors, condominium homeowner associations, retail stores, service providers, offices, religious organizations, educational and non-profit organizations, hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and other businesses in the light manufacturing, restaurant, wholesale, and auto service & repair industries; and
- financial services and products, such as mutual funds and variable annuities.