Indian state-owned general insurance company
|Type||Nationalised Insurance Company|
|Founder||Gordhan Das Dutia|
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal , India|
|Area served||India and Nepal|
|Products||– General insurance – Vehicle insurance – Health insurance – Marine insurance – Property insurance|
|Owner||Government of India (100%)|
|Parent||Ministry of Finance , Government of India|
- National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) is an Indian nationalised general insurance company.
Products and services
- NICL has a range of coverage policies targeting different sectors:
- Personal Insurance policies include medical insurance, accident, property and auto insurance coverage
- Rural Insurance policies provide protection against natural and climatic disasters for agriculture and rural businesses
- Industrial Insurance policies provide coverage for the project, construction, contracts, fire, equipment loss, theft, etc.
- Commercial Insurance policies provide protection against loss and damage of property during transportation, transactions, etc.