New York Life Insurance Company
|Industry||Insurance: life and annuity|
|Headquarters||New York Life Building, New York, New York, U.S.|
|Products||Life insurance, annuities, long-term care, asset management|
- A mutual insurance company, New York Life is owned by its policyholders and has no outside shareholders.
- As a mutual, New York Life distributes a portion of its earnings to eligible policyholders as annual dividends.
- New York Life's core product is whole life insurance, a type of life insurance offering lifelong protection that builds cash value over time.
- New York Life also sells term life insurance, universal life insurance, variable universal life insurance, long-term care insurance and annuities.
- The company operates New York Life Direct, selling direct-to-consumer policies, and is the exclusive life insurance partner of the AARP.
- Through Seguros Monterrey New York Life, the company offers insurance in Mexico.
- Asset management businesses
- New York Life Investments is a subsidiary global asset management business which serves both institutional and retail clients