|Traded as||NYSE: PGR S&P 500|
|Founded||March 10, 1937;|
|Headquarters||Mayfield Village, Ohio, USA|
- The Progressive Corporation is an American insurance company.
- The company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joseph M. Lewis, and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, USA.
- The company insures passenger vehicles, motorcycles, RVs, trailers, boats, PWC, and commercial vehicles.
- Progressive also provides home, life, pet, and other insurance through select companies. Progressive also offers auto insurance in Australia.
- The company operates in three segments: Personal Lines, Commercial Auto, and Other-indemnity.
- The Personal Lines segment writes insurance for private passenger automobiles, motorcycles, boats, and recreational vehicles through both an independent agency channel and a direct channel.
- The Commercial Auto segment writes primary liability and physical damage insurance for automobiles and trucks owned by businesses primarily through the independent agency channel.
- The Other-indemnity segment provides professional liability insurance to community banks, principally directors, and officers liability insurance.