|Founders||Smita Ramakrishna, Ramakrishna NK|
- Rang De is India's first peer-to-peer online micro-lending platform.
- It connects individual social investors to a community of curated entrepreneurs and students from low-income households across the country, enabling them to invest in the livelihoods and education needs of this community.
- Smita Ramakrishna and Ramakrishna NK founded Rang De in 2008 as a not-for-profit organisation to serve the credit needs of the under-served communities and low income households.
- Rang De connect social investors with under-served communities of borrowers, enabling the low income households to get financial help.
- Social investors can begin by lending as low as INR 100 through the Rang De platform.
- It partners with non-governmental organisations and micro-lending institutions to screen borrowers at the grassroots level.
- The platform keeps track of disbursements and returns, which the investor can withdraw or reinvest.