|Founded||June 7, 1922; (1922-06-07)|
|Founder||George J. Mecherle|
|Headquarters||Bloomington, Illinois , United States|
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||Michael Tipsord (Chairman, President & CEO)|
|Services||– Banking – Insurance – Investing|
|Divisions||Insurance; mutual funds; State Farm Bank|
State Farm Insurance is a large group of insurance companies throughout the United States with corporate headquarters in Bloomington, Illinois.
State Farm is one of the largest property and casualty insurance provider, and the largest auto insurance provider, in the United States.
- State Farm has expanded into the financial services arena, such as banking and mutual funds.
- The bank opened in May 1999 and is operated by State Farm Financial Services, FSB, a subsidiary of State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- These are separate from its insurance products.
- State Farm Bank does not have branch offices.
- Its regular banking services, which include checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts, are available to consumers countrywide via the Internet or over the phone, and through agents.
- Home mortgages are available countrywide over the phone or through agents.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent company of several wholly owned State Farm subsidiaries:
- State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
- State Farm Life Insurance Company
- State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (NY/CT/WI)
- State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas (TX auto)
- State Farm Mutual Insurance Company of Texas (TX preferred auto)
- State Farm Indemnity Company / State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company (NJ auto)
- State Farm General Insurance Company (CA home)
- State Farm Florida Insurance Company (FL home)
- Dover Bay Specialty Insurance Company
- State Farm Lloyds (TX home/commercial)
- State Farm Bank, F.S.B.
- State Farm Investment Management Corp. (SFIMC)
- State Farm VP Management Corp. (SFVPMC)
- State Farm International Service, Inc.
- State Farm Associate's Funds Trust
- State Farm Mutual Fund Trust
- SF Insurance Placement Corporation of Canada
- Insurance Placement Services, Inc.
- State Farm International Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Plaza One Realty Co.
- State Farm Specialty Insurance Company
- State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company
- State Farm Variable Product Trust
- Amberjack Ltd. (Real Estate)