The Travelers Companies, Inc.
|Traded as||NYSE: TRV, DJIA Component, S&P 500 Component|
|Industry||Insurance, Financial services|
|Founded||1853 (as St. Paul Fire & Marine), 2004 (as The Travelers Companies)|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
|Products||Insurance policies, Risk management|
- The Travelers Companies, Inc., commonly known as Travelers, is an American insurance company.
- The company has field offices in every U.S. state, plus operations in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, China, Canada, and Brazil.
- Travelers provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals.
- The company offers insurance through three segments:
- Personal Insurance, which includes home, auto and other insurance products for individuals
- Business Insurance, which includes a broad array of property and casualty insurance and insurance-related services in the United States
- Bond and Specialty Insurance, which includes surety, crime, and financial liability businesses which primarily use credit-based underwriting processes, as well as property and casualty products that are predominantly marketed on an international basis.