|Industry||Financial services, Financial technology|
|Founded||United Kingdom (2011)|
|Headquarters||Ashby, England, UK|
- ThinCats is an alternative lender that provides business loans to mid-sized UK businesses using capital from institutional investors including pension schemes and asset managers.
- Thincats, was launched in 2011 as one of the first peer-to-business lenders in the UK allowing individuals to lend money to limited companies.
- In December 2019, ThinCats announced that all future funding would be sourced from institutional investors only, resulting in the closure of its P2P platform to new business, which entered a run-off phase.
- In 2020 ThinCats was one of the first alternative lenders to be accredited by the British Business Bank to lend under the government backed Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) and Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS).
- ThinCats funds UK SMEs with loans from £1m up to £15m.
- It offers various funding solutions to meet a number of needs including working capital, refinancing, growth capital and acquisitions.
- In 2018 ThinCats launched its data modelling system; PRISM (Propensity and Risk Model).
- This is used to help the business price risk and also looks to predict an SME’s future funding requirements.
- ThinCats enables institutional investors looking for income from an alternative asset class to lend directly to UK businesses.