American private holding company
|Industry||Insurance\\ Investments\\ Retirement planning|
|Founded||1928 ; ( 1928)|
|Headquarters||Baltimore, MD, US|
|Products||Life insurance, Investment & Retirement services|
|Website||www .transamerica .com|
- The Transamerica Corporation is an American holding company for various life insurance companies and investment firms operating primarily in the United States, offering life and supplemental health insurance, investments, and retirement services.
- The company has major offices located in Baltimore, Maryland; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Denver, Colorado; Norwood, Massachusetts; Exton, Pennsylvania; Harrison, New York; Johns Creek, Georgia; Plano, Texas; and St.Petersburg, Florida.
- Additional affiliated offices are located throughout the United States.
- In 1999, it became a subsidiary of Aegon, a European financial services company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands.
Products and services
- Transamerica primarily offers insurance and financial services.
- Types of life and health insurance policies offered include term life, whole life, universal life, variable universal life, accidental death, Medicare supplement, and long-term care.
- Transamerica companies also offer a variety of mutual funds and annuities.
- Transamerica's retirement division offers defined benefit pension plans and defined contribution retirement plans, including 401(k) and 403(b), 457, profit sharing, money purchase, cash balance, Taft-Hartley, multiple employer plans, nonqualified deferred compensation, and rollover individual retirement accounts.
- Other services include plan-level record keeping and administrative services, participant communications and education services, fiduciary risk mitigation services, open investment architecture, and compliance guidance and regulatory support.