|Industry||Financial services, online investment management|
|Founded||September 2014; 7 years ago|
|Founder||Michael Katchen, (CEO)|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Services||Robo-advisor, stockbroker, electronic trading platform|
|Owner||Power Corporation of Canada (70.1%)|
- Products and services
- Wealthsimple Trade allows to buy and sell various individual stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) on major Canadian and U.S. exchanges.
- It offers a stock and ETF trading account with zero-commission fees in the U.S. and Canada.
- Wealthsimple Crypto is the company's platform for buying and selling several cryptocurrencies,
- Wealthsimple Invest is the company's automated investing service, which manages users' investments via a personalized portfolio of low-fee exchange-traded funds.
- Wealthsimple combines a robo-advisor platform with access to online live advisors.
- There is no account minimum required and no charge per transaction.
- An annual fee is charged ranging from 0.4% to 0.5% based on account size.
- In September 2018, the company started offering a micro-investing service called Roundup, which automatically rounds up purchases and invests the extra change into one's Wealthsimple investment account.
- Wealthsimple Save, a high-interest savings account.
- Wealthsimple Cash, a peer-to-peer cash transfer platform.
- Wealthsimple Tax (formerly SimpleTax) is an all-in-one tax preparation and filing platform.
- In September 2019, Wealthsimple acquired SimpleTax, a Canadian tax software company originally launched in 2012.